X-linked adrenal hypoplasia congenita
- X-linked congenital adrenal hypoplasia
- X-linked AHC
- Adrenal hypoplasia congenita
- Congenital adrenal hypoplasia
- Cytomegalic congenital adrenal hypoplasia
In X-linked recessive inheritance, a female with one mutated copy of the gene in each cell is called a carrier. She can pass on the altered gene, but usually does not experience signs and symptoms of the disorder. In rare cases, however, females who carry a NR0B1 mutation may experience adrenal insufficiency or signs of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism such as underdeveloped reproductive tissues, delayed puberty, and an absence of menstruation.
- X-linked adrenal hypoplasia congenita. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/x-linked-adrenal-hypoplasia-congenita. Accessed 8/15/2012.