Other Names for this Disease
- Smith Lemli Opitz syndrome
- SLO syndrome
- 7-Dehydrocholesterol reductase deficiency
- RSH syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Action Medical Research is a British medical research charity that funds research into rare diseases affecting children. This group has funded over £100 million in research projects. Click on the link to access information about their research into Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The Sterol and Isoprenoid Diseases Consortium (STAIR) is a team of doctors, nurses, research coordinators, and research labs throughout the U.S., working together to improve the lives of people with this condition through research. The Steroid and Isoprenoid Research Consortium (STAIR) has a registry for patients who wish to be contacted about clinical research opportunities.
For more information on the registry see: http://rarediseasesnetwork.epi.usf.edu/registry/index.htm