See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- avoiding prolonged exposure to the sun,
- using sunscreen with a high SPF rating (20 or higher),
- covering up completely with clothing when exposed to the sun, and
- wearing sunglasses with UV protection.
Last updated: 5/24/2016
- Haldeman-Englert C, Zieve D. Albinism. MedlinePlus. October 27, 2015; https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001479.htm.
- Information Bulletin - What is Albinism?. NOAH. 2015; http://www.albinism.org/site/c.flKYIdOUIhJ4H/b.9253761/k.24EE/Information_Bulletin__What_is_Albinism.htm.
- Albinism. Mayo Clinic. April 19, 2014; http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/albinism/basics/definition/con-20029935.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Albinism. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.