Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- A1AT deficiency
- AAT deficiency
- Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
- Orphanet Emergency Guidelines is an article which is expert-authored and peer-reviewed that is intended to guide health care professionals in emergency situations involving this condition.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
|Generic Name||Alpha1-Proteinase Inhibitor (Human)|
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|For chronic replacement therapy of individuals having congenital deficiency of alpha1- proteinase inhibitor with clinically demonstrable panacinar emphysema.|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|