Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- AAT deficiency
- A1AT deficiency
- Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions.
- Orphanet Emergency Guidelines is an article which is expert-authored and peer-reviewed that is intended to guide health care professionals in emergency situations involving this condition.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
|Generic Name||Alpha1-Proteinase Inhibitor (Human)|
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|For chronic replacement therapy of individuals having congenital deficiency of alpha1- proteinase inhibitor with clinically demonstrable panacinar emphysema.|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|