Bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia
Other Names for this Disease
- Bronchiolitis obliterans with obstructive pulmonary disease
- Constrictive bronchiolitis
- Obliterative bronchiolitis
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
The most common signs and symptoms of BOOP include shortness of breath (dyspnea), dry cough, and fever. About half of affected individuals have a flu-like illness with cough, fever, fatigue, and weight loss.
Last updated: 9/13/2011
- Vasu TS, Cavallazzi R, Hirani A, Sharma D, Weibel SB, Kane GC. Respitatory Care. August 2009; 54(8):1028-32. http://www.rcjournal.com/contents/08.09/08.09.1028.pdf. Accessed 9/13/2011.
- King TE. Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonias. Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. May 2008; http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pulmonary_disorders/interstitial_lung_diseases/idiopathic_interstitial_pneumonias.html?qt=Bronchiolitis%20obliterans%20organizing%20pneumonia%20&alt=sh. Accessed 9/13/2011.