Burning mouth syndrome
* Not a rare disease
Other Names for this Disease
- Burning mouth disorder
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Burning Mouth Syndrome. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. July 2014; http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/Topics/Burning/Documents/BurningMouthSyndrome_082714_508C.pdf.
- Burning Mouth syndrome. MayoClinic.com. February 2, 2016; http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/burning-mouth-syndrome/home/ovc-20179959.
- The American Academy of Family Physicians have developed an information page on burning mouth syndrome. Click on the link above to view the information page.
- The MayoClinic.com has an information page on burning mouth syndrome. Click on MayoClinic.com to view the information page.
- The American Dental Association has developed an information page on burning mouth syndrome. Click on the link above to view the information page.
- The Merck Manuals Online Medical Library provides information on this condition for patients and caregivers.
- The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR), purposes to improve oral, dental and craniofacial health through research, research training, and the dissemination of health information. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) has a report for patients and families about this condition. NORD is a patient advocacy organization for individuals with rare diseases and the organizations that serve them.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Burning mouth syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.