Other Names for this Disease
- Opitz trigonocephaly syndrome
- Trigonocephaly C syndrome
- Trigonocephaly syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
trigonocephaly, severe intellectual disability, hypotonia, variable cardiac defects, redundant (extra folds of) skin, joint and limb abnormalities, and unusual facial features such as upslanted palpebral fissures (upward pointing outside corners of the eyes), epicanthal folds, depressed nasal bridge, and low-set, posteriorly rotated ears. This condition is genetically heterogeneous, meaning that there is evidence of more than one type of inheritance. While many cases are sporadic, autosomal recessive, autosomal dominant, and germline mosaicism have all been suggested. At least some cases of C syndrome have been caused by dysfunction of the CD96 gene.C syndrome, also known as Opitz trigonocephaly syndrome, is characterized by
Last updated: 6/19/2014
- C Syndrome. Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM). October 25, 2011; http://omim.org/entry/211750. Accessed 6/19/2014.
- Kaname T et al.. Amer J Hum Genet. October 2007; 81(4):835-41. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2227933/. Accessed 6/19/2014.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss C syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.