Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
Other Names for this Disease
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) - type
- Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorder (ARND) - type
- Alcohol-Related Birth Defects (ARBD) - type
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
On this page
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has several fact sheets on fetal alcohol spectrum disorders. Click on the link to read more.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) conducts research focused on improving the treatment and prevention of alcoholism and alcohol-related problems to reduce the enormous health, social, and economic consequences of this disease. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has created a fact sheet on fetal alcohol spectrum disorders. To view this fact sheet, click on the above link.