- Congenital polycystic dilatation of intrahepatic bile ducts
- Caroli disease isolated
- Cystic dilatation of the intrahepatic biliary tree
Additional information regarding treatment of Caroli disease can be accessed through the following emedicine links: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/927248-treatment#showall
Medical journal articles that discuss the treatment of Caroli disease can be found through PubMed, a searchable database of biomedical journal articles. Although not all of the articles are available for free online, most articles listed in PubMed have a summary available. To obtain the full article, contact a medical/university library or your local library for interlibrary loan. You can also order articles online through the publisher’s Web site. Using "Caroli disease AND treatment" as your search term should help you locate articles. Use the advanced search feature to narrow your search results. Click here to view a search.
- Caroli disease. Orphanet. October 2006; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/Disease_Search.php?lng=EN&data_id=10715&Disease_Disease_Search_diseaseGroup=Caroli-disease&Disease_Disease_Search_diseaseType=Pat&Disease(s)/group%20of%20diseases=Caroli-disease&title=Caroli-disease&search=Disease_. Accessed 5/18/2011.
- Ananthakrishnan AN, Saeian K. Caroli's disease: identification and treatment strategy. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2007; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17418061. Accessed 5/19/2011.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Caroli disease. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tool (RePORT) provides access to reports, data, and analyses of research activities at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), including information on NIH expenditures and the results of NIH-supported research. Although these projects may not conduct studies on humans, you may want to contact the investigators to learn more. To search for studies, enter the disease name in the "Text Search" box. Then click "Submit Query".