Other Names for this Disease
- COFS syndrome
- Cerebrooculofacioskeletal syndrome
- Pena-Shokeir syndrome type 2
On this page
Treatment for COFS syndrome involves supportive care and is based on an individual's symptoms. People with this condition often require a feeding tube to obtain adequate nutrition.
Last updated: 7/14/2009
- NINDS Cerebro-Oculo-Facio-Skeletal Syndrome Information Page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke Website. November 18, 2008; http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cofs/cofs.htm. Accessed 7/14/2009.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions.
- Orphanet lists European clinical trials, research studies, and patient registries enrolling people with this condition.