Other Names for this Disease
- COFS syndrome
- Pena-Shokeir syndrome type 2
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
Treatment for COFS syndrome involves supportive care and is based on an individual's symptoms. People with this condition often require a feeding tube to obtain adequate nutrition.
Last updated: 7/14/2009
- NINDS Cerebro-Oculo-Facio-Skeletal Syndrome Information Page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke Website. November 18, 2008; http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cofs/cofs.htm. Accessed 7/14/2009.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions.
- Orphanet lists European clinical trials, research studies, and patient registries enrolling people with this condition.