Other Names for this Disease
- Hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy
- Charcot Marie Tooth disease
- Autosomal dominant Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2 with giant axons
- Autosomal dominant intermediate Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type A
- Autosomal dominant intermediate Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type B
- Autosomal dominant intermediate Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type C
- Autosomal dominant intermediate Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type D
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- The Charcot-Marie-Tooth Association (CMTA) has a "Resource Search" section on its Web site, which can be used to find physicians and other state and national resources. It also has extended search options which can be used to narrow down your search to a specified distance from a particular zip code. To perform a resource search on the CMTA's Web site, click here.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association can help you find a doctor who knows about Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. Click on the link to search for specialty clinics nearest you.
- Services to enhance mobility and independent living are available in each community through the Muscular Dystrophy Association's local network of chapters and field offices. Click here to read more about this service.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign provides information regarding the Joseph Patrick Trust which provides financial support for specialist equipment. Click on the link to read more about this trust.
- The Neuropathy Association has a Physicians Directory that lists neurologists and other physicians with expertise or expressed interest in caring for patients with peripheral neuropathy. This list is provided by The Neuropathy Association as a service to its members who have difficulty in locating a physician in their area who is knowledgeable about peripheral neuropathy and neuropathy treatment options. To search The Neuropathy Association's Physician Directory, click here.