Citrullinemia type I
Other Names for this Disease
- Argininosuccinate synthase deficiency
- Argininosuccinate synthetase deficiency
- Argininosuccinic acid synthase deficiency
- Argininosuccinic acid synthetase deficiency
- ASS deficiency
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
- The NORD Physician Guide for Citrullinemia type I was developed as a free service of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) and it's medical advisors. The guides provide a resource for clinicians about specific rare disorders to facilitate diagnosis and treatment of their patients with this condition.
- Orphanet Emergency Guidelines is an article which is expert-authored and peer-reviewed that is intended to guide health care professionals in emergency situations involving this condition.
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health, through the National Library of Medicine, developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients, family members, and members of the public with current information on clinical research studies. There is a study titled Study of Treatment and Metabolism in Patients With Urea Cycle Disorders which may be of interest to you. To find this trial, click on the link above.
|Generic Name||Glycerol phenylbutyrate|
(Hyperion Therapeutics, Inc.)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Use as a nitrogen-binding adjunctive therapy for chronic management of adult and pediatric patients > or = to 2 years of age with urea cycle disorders (UCDs) that cannot be managed by dietary protein restriction and/or amino acid supplementation alone. RAVICTI must be used with dietary protein restriction and, in some cases, dietary supplements (eg, essential amino acids, arginine, citrulline, protein-free calorie supplements).|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|