- Functional movement disorder
- Functional neurological disorder
On this page
For many people, symptoms of conversion disorder get better without treatment, especially after reassurance that their symptoms aren't caused by a serious underlying problem.
Individuals with severe symptoms, signs and symptoms that linger or keep coming back, or individuals with other mental or physical health conditions may benefit from treatment. The specific type of treatment depends on the particular signs and symptoms and may include:
- Counseling (psychotherapy)
- Physical therapy
- Treatment of related stress and other conditions
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation
- Conversion disorder. MayoClinic.com. February 27, 2014; http://www.mayoclinic.com/print/conversion-disorder/DS00877/DSECTION=all&METHOD=print. Accessed 5/21/2014.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Conversion disorder. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.