Your QuestionWhat are the current genetic tests for cystic fibrosis? How much do they cost?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Questions on this page
- Diagnosis in individuals with symptoms of CF or with congenital absence of the vas deferens (CAVD)
- Prenatal diagnosis of a fetus at risk
- Carrier testing for at-risk relatives and their reproductive partners or for population screening
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis for pregnancies at high risk for CF
More information about genetic testing for cystic fibrosis is available on The National Human Genome Research Institute’s Web site and can be viewed by clicking here.
- Moskowitz SM, Chmiel JF, Sternen DL, Cheng E, and Cutting GR. CFTR-Related Disorders. GeneReviews. February 19 2008; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1250/.