Other Names for this Disease
- Cystine diathesis
- Cystine disease
- Cystine storage disease
On this page
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Cystinosis. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The Cystinosis Research Foundation Web site provides information on cystinosis research. Click on the link above to learn more.
- Cystinosis Research Network provides information on how to participate in cystinosis research.
|Generic Name||Cysteamine hydrochloride|
(Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Treatment of corneal cystine crystal accumulation in patients with cystinosis.|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|