Other Names for this Disease
- Cystine diathesis
- Cystine disease
- Cystine storage disease
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Cystinosis. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The Cystinosis Research Foundation Web site provides information on cystinosis research. Click on the link above to learn more.
- Cystinosis Research Network provides information on how to participate in cystinosis research.
|Generic Name||Cysteamine hydrochloride|
(Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Treatment of corneal cystine crystal accumulation in patients with cystinosis.|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|