Desmoplastic small round cell tumor
Other Names for this Disease
- Desmoplastic small round-cell tumor
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
soft tissue sarcoma that usually affects young boys and men and is found most often in the abdomen. Its name means that it is formed by small, round cancer cells surrounded by scarlike tissue. The most common symptoms include abdominal pain, abdominal mass and symptoms of gastrointestinal obstruction. DSRCTs are treated first with chemotherapy, then with surgery to remove the tumor, if possible. Radiation therapy is sometimes given, depending on the tumor. In addition, some people with DSRCT are candidates for a bone marrow transplant.Desmoplastic small round cell tumors (DSRCT), a rare malignant cancer, is a
Last updated: 6/19/2009
- Desmoplastic tumors. Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayoclinic.org/desmoplastic-tumors/. Accessed 6/19/2009.
- Desmoplastic tumors - treatment. Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayoclinic.org/desmoplastic-tumors/treatment.html. Accessed 6/19/2009.
On this page
- The Monarch Initiative brings together data about this condition from humans and other species to help physicians and biomedical researchers. Monarch’s tools are designed to make it easier to compare the signs and symptoms (phenotypes) of different diseases and discover common features. This initiative is a collaboration between several academic institutions across the world and is funded by the National Institutes of Health. Visit the website to explore the biology of this condition.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Desmoplastic small round cell tumor. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.