Other Names for this Disease
- Duane anomaly
- Duane retraction syndrome
- Stilling-Turk-Duane syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Isolated Duane retraction syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. March 2009; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/isolated-duane-retraction-syndrome. Accessed 11/18/2011.
- The American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus provides a patient information sheet on Duane syndrome. Click on the link to view this information.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Duane syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Human Genome Research Institute's (NHGRI) mission encompasses a broad range of studies aimed at understanding the structure and function of the human genome and its role in health and disease. Click on the link to view the information page on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Duane syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.