* Not a rare disease
Other Names for this Disease
- Focal task specific dystonia
- Focal, segmental or multifocal dystonia
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Task-specific focal dystonia. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). December 2012; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/task-specific-focal-dystonia. Accessed 9/11/2013.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Focal dystonia. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The Merck Manuals Online Medical Library provides information on this condition for patients and caregivers.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Focal dystonia. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.