See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
glioblastoma multiforme. It is characterized by scattered and widespread tumor cells that can cause the cerebrum, cerebellum, or brain stem to enlarge. Signs and symptoms may include personality changes, memory disturbance, headache, hemiparesis, and seizures. Because this tumor is so diffuse it can be challenging to treat and the prognosis for people with gliomatosis cerebri is generally poor.Gliomatosis cerebri is a type of brain cancer. It is a variant form of
Last updated: 3/5/2009
- Uddin S, Jarmi T. Glioblastoma multiforme. eMedicine. 2008; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1156220-overview. Accessed 3/5/2009.
- Gliomatosis cerebri. St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital Web site. http://tiny.cc/KmUgQ. Accessed 3/4/2009.
- Chemotherapy as initial treatment in gliomatosis cerebri: results with temozolomide. Levin et al.. Neurology. 2004;
- The National Cancer Institute provides the most current information on cancer for patients, health professionals, and the general public.
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI) provides current information on brain tumors. The NCI conducts and supports cancer research and training and provides cancer information to patients, health professionals, and the general public.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Monarch Initiative brings together data about this condition from humans and other species to help physicians and biomedical researchers. Monarch’s tools are designed to make it easier to compare the signs and symptoms (phenotypes) of different diseases and discover common features. This initiative is a collaboration between several academic institutions across the world and is funded by the National Institutes of Health. Visit the website to explore the biology of this condition.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Gliomatosis cerebri. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.