Glutaric acidemia type II
- Electron transfer flavoprotein deficiency
- Electron transfer flavoprotein ubiquinone oxidoreductase deficiency
- GA 2
On this page
-Avoidance of fasting. Infants and young children with glutaric acidemia type II should eat frequent meals in order to prevent hypoglycemia and metabolic crises.
-A low-fat, low-protein, high-carbohydrate diet may be advised.
-Riboflavin, L-carnitine and glycine supplements may be needed. These supplements help the body create energy.
-Alert the child's doctor if they should become ill, as illness can trigger a metabolic crisis.
- Glutaric acidemia, type 2. STAR-G Genetic Fact Sheets For Parents. 2008; http://www.newbornscreening.info/Parents/fattyaciddisorders/GA2.html. Accessed 11/14/2011.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- Orphanet Emergency Guidelines is an article which is expert-authored and peer-reviewed that is intended to guide health care professionals in emergency situations involving this condition.