Other Names for this Disease
- Essential thrombocytosis
- Hemorrhagic thrombocythemia
- Idiopathic thrombocythemia
- Primary thrombocythemia
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- The NORD Physician Guide for Essential thrombocythemia was developed as a free service of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) and it's medical advisors. The guides provide a resource for clinicians about specific rare disorders to facilitate diagnosis and treatment of their patients with this condition.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Essential thrombocythemia. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The Myeloproliferative Disorders Research Consortium (MPD-RC) is an international, multi-institutional non-profit consortium funded by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) at the National Institutes of Health and set up to coordinate, facilitate, and perform basic and clinic research investigating the genetics of MPDs with the goal of developing therapy. To learn more, click on the link.
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Treatment of patients with essential thrombocythemia to reduce the elevated platelet count and the risk of thrombosis and to ameliorate associated symptoms.|
|More Information about this product||
Drug Information Portal
Medline Plus Health Information