Hereditary sensory neuropathy type 1
Other Names for this Disease
- HSAN 1
- Neuropathy hereditary sensory radicular, autosomal dominant
- Neuropathy hereditary sensory and autonomic type 1
- Hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type 1
Management of hereditary sensory neuropathy type 1 generally follows the guidelines for diabetic foot care, including careful cleansing and protection of wounds and surgical care when needed. Pain medications may be used by those who experience shooting pains.
Last updated: 6/2/2014
- Nicholson GA. Hereditary Sensory Neuropathy Type 1A. GeneReviews. March 7, 2013; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1390/. Accessed 6/2/2014.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions.