Hereditary spastic paraplegia
Other Names for this Disease
- Familial spastic paraparesis
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia - autosomal dominant inheritance
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia - autosomal recessive inheritance
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia – maternal inheritance
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia - X-linked inheritance
The prognosis for individuals with HSP varies. Some individuals are very disabled and others have only mild disability. The majority of individuals with uncomplicated HSP have a normal life expectancy.
Last updated: 4/25/2016
- NINDS Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia Information Page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). February 10, 2014; http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/hereditary_spastic_paraplegia/hereditary_spastic_paraplegia.htm.