Hereditary spastic paraplegia
Other Names for this Disease
- Familial spastic paraparesis
- Familial spastic paraplegia
- Hereditary spastic paraparesis
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia - autosomal dominant inheritance
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia - autosomal recessive inheritance
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia – maternal inheritance
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia - X-linked inheritance
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
The prognosis for individuals with HSP varies Some individuals are very disabled and others have only mild disability. The majority of individuals with uncomplicated HSP have a normal life expectancy.
Last updated: 10/7/2011
- NINDS Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia Information Page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). July 7, 2010; http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/hereditary_spastic_paraplegia/hereditary_spastic_paraplegia.htm. Accessed 10/7/2011.