Hereditary spastic paraplegia
Other Names for this Disease
- Familial spastic paraparesis
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia - autosomal dominant inheritance
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia - autosomal recessive inheritance
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia – maternal inheritance
- Hereditary spastic paraplegia - X-linked inheritance
The prognosis for individuals with HSP varies Some individuals are very disabled and others have only mild disability. The majority of individuals with uncomplicated HSP have a normal life expectancy.
Last updated: 10/7/2011
- NINDS Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia Information Page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). July 7, 2010; http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/hereditary_spastic_paraplegia/hereditary_spastic_paraplegia.htm. Accessed 10/7/2011.