Other Names for this Disease
- Congenital spherocytic hemolytic anemia
- Congenital spherocytosis
- Minkowski-Chauffard disease
- Spherocytic anemia
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Hereditary spherocytosis. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health, through the National Library of Medicine, developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients, family members, and members of the public with current information on clinical research studies. There is a study titled Natural History of Sickle Cell Disease and Other Hemolytic Disorders which may be of interest to you. To find this trial, click on the link above.