Mucopolysaccharidosis type II
Other Names for this Disease
- MPS II
- Attenuated MPS (subtype; formerly known as mild MPS II)
- Severe MPS II
- Hunter syndrome
- Iduronate 2-sulfatase deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions.
- Project OrphanAnesthesia is a project whose aim is to create peer-reviewed, readily accessible guidelines for patients with rare diseases and for the anesthesiologists caring for them. The project is a collaborative effort of the German Society of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Orphanet, the European Society of Pediatric Anesthesia, anesthetists and rare disease experts with the aim to contribute to patient safety.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Mucopolysaccharidosis type II. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Indicated for patients with Hunter syndrome (mucopolysaccharidosis II, MPS II). Idursulfase has been shown to improve walking capacity in these patients|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|