Mucopolysaccharidosis type II
Other Names for this Disease
- Attenuated MPS (subtype; formerly known as mild MPS II)
- Hunter syndrome
- I2S deficiency
- Iduronate 2-sulfatase deficiency
- MPS 2
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Mucopolysaccharidosis type II. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Indicated for patients with Hunter syndrome (mucopolysaccharidosis II, MPS II). Idursulfase has been shown to improve walking capacity in these patients|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|