Other Names for this Disease
- Aglossia adactylia
- Hypoglossia-hypodactylia syndrome
- Peromelia with micrognathia
On this page
Because Hanhart syndrome affects many different systems of the body, medical management is often provided by a team of doctors and other healthcare professionals. Treatment for this condition varies because it depends on the signs and symptoms present in each person. For example, limb and/or craniofacial abnormalities may be treated with surgery and/or prostheses. Affected children may also need speech therapy, physical therapy, and/or occupational therapy.
Last updated: 5/3/2015
- Hanhart Syndrome. NORD. February 2008; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/1022/viewAbstract.
- Hypoglossia-hypodactyly syndrome. Orphanet. July 2005; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=989.
- Manisha Goyal, Ankur Singh, Pratiksha Singh, and Seema Kapoor. Hypoglossia-Hypodactyly Syndrome with Short Stature - A Case Report. J Clin Diagn Res. April 2014; 8(4):SD01–SD02.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- The Centers for Mendelian Genomics program is working to discover the causes of rare genetic disorders. For more information about applying to the research study, please visit their website.