Other Names for this Disease
- Aglossia adactylia
- Aglossia-adactylia syndrome
- Hypoglossia-hypodactylia syndrome
- Hypoglossia-hypodactyly syndrome
- Jussieu syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
craniofacial region and the limbs (arms and legs). People affected by this condition are often born with a short, incompletely developed tongue; absent or partially missing fingers and/or toes; abnormalities of the arms and/or legs; and an extremely small jaw. The severity of these physical abnormalities varies greatly among affected people, and children with this condition often have some, but not all, of the symptoms. The cause of Hanhart syndrome is not fully understood. Treatment depends on the signs and symptoms present in each person.Hanhart syndrome is a rare condition that primarily affects the
Last updated: 5/3/2015
- Manisha Goyal, Ankur Singh, Pratiksha Singh, and Seema Kapoor. Hypoglossia-Hypodactyly Syndrome with Short Stature - A Case Report. J Clin Diagn Res. April 2014; 8(4):SD01–SD02.
- Hypoglossia-hypodactyly syndrome. Orphanet. July 2005; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=989.
- Hanhart Syndrome. NORD. February 2008; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/1022/viewAbstract.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Hanhart syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.