Hyaline fibromatosis syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Juvenile hyaline fibromatosis (former subtype)
- Puretic syndrome
- Infantile systemic hyalinosis (former subtype)
- Juvenile hyaline fibromatosis
- Murray-Puretic-Drescher syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Your QuestionJuvenile hyaline fibromatosis can cause contractures of the joints. Any recommendations for how to fix these contractures?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
It has been suggested that physical therapy may help to treat joint contractures in juvenile hyaline fibromatosis; this therapy should be done with an awareness of the pain tolerance of each affected individual. Splinting may help reduce pain associated with contractures by stabilizing the joint.
Last updated: 2/16/2012
- Shieh JTC, Hoyme HE, Arbour LT. Inherited Systemic Hyalinosis. GeneReviews. February 2008; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1525/. Accessed 2/13/2012.