Hyaline fibromatosis syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Juvenile hyaline fibromatosis (former subtype)
- Puretic syndrome
- Infantile systemic hyalinosis (former subtype)
- Juvenile hyaline fibromatosis
- Murray-Puretic-Drescher syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
It has been suggested that physical therapy may help to treat joint contractures in juvenile hyaline fibromatosis; this therapy should be done with an awareness of the pain tolerance of each affected individual. Splinting may help reduce pain associated with contractures by stabilizing the joint.
Last updated: 2/16/2012
- Shieh JTC, Hoyme HE, Arbour LT. Inherited Systemic Hyalinosis. GeneReviews. February 2008; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1525/. Accessed 2/13/2012.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions.