Other Names for this Disease
- Kikuchi necrotizing lymphadenitis
- Nosocomial Kikuchi's disease
- Kikuchi's disease
- Kikuchi-Fujimoto's disease
- Histiocytic necrotising lymphadenitis
lymphadenopathy, mild fever, and night sweats. Less common symptoms include weight loss, nausea, vomiting, and sore throat. While the exact cause of this condition is unknown, infectious and autoimmune causes have been suggested. Kikuchi disease generally resolves on its own within one to four months, with or without intervention. However, treatments are available to relieve some of the associated signs and symptoms.Kikuchi disease is a benign (non-cancerous) condition of the lymph nodes. It is usually characterized by cervical (neck)
Last updated: 9/19/2014
- Michael J Richards, MD, FRACP. Kikuchi disease. UpToDate. May 2015; Accessed 9/19/2015.
- John Boone. Kikuchi disease. Medscape. February 2015; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/210752-overview.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Kikuchi disease. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.