Other Names for this Disease
- Kohler's Disease
- Kohler's Disease of the Tarsal Navicular
- Kohler's Osteochondrosis of the Tarsal Navicular
- Navicular Osteochondrosis
- Aseptic necrosis of the tarsal bone
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Your QuestionIs Kohler disease hereditary?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
The exact underlying cause of Kohler disease is currently unknown. Although some scientists have suggested that genetic factors may play a role in the development of Kohler disease, no disease-causing gene has been identified.
Last updated: 2/18/2015
- Bernardo Vargas. Kohler Disease. Medscape Reference. September 2014; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1234753-overview.