Other Names for this Disease
- Kohler's Disease
- Kohler's Disease of the Tarsal Navicular
- Kohler's Osteochondrosis of the Tarsal Navicular
- Navicular Osteochondrosis
- Aseptic necrosis of the tarsal bone
Kohler disease typically resolves over time with or without treatment. However, pain relievers, rest and avoidance of weight-bearing activities can help alleviate some of the symptoms. In some cases, a plaster walking cast and/or arch supports may also be recommended.
Last updated: 2/18/2015
- Bernardo Vargas. Kohler Disease. Medscape Reference. September 2014; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1234753-overview.
- Kohler Disease. NORD. February 2008; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/800/viewAbstract.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.