Other Names for this Disease
- Kohler's Disease
- Kohler's Disease of the Tarsal Navicular
- Kohler's Osteochondrosis of the Tarsal Navicular
- Navicular Osteochondrosis
- Aseptic necrosis of the tarsal bone
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
The signs and symptoms of Kohler disease vary, but may include:
- Swelling of the foot
- Redness of the affected area
- Tenderness, particularly along the length of the arch
- Limp or abnormal gait (style of walking)
Last updated: 2/18/2015
- Bernardo Vargas. Kohler Disease. Medscape Reference. September 2014; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1234753-overview.
- Kohler Disease. NORD. February 2008; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/800/viewAbstract.