Lambert Eaton myasthenic syndrome
- Eaton Lambert syndrome
- Lambert Eaton syndrome
- Myasthenic syndrome of Lambert-Eaton
- Myasthenic-Myopathic syndrome of Lambert-Eaton
Your QuestionMy husband had Lambert Eaton myasthenic syndrome. Are our two children at risk to develop this condition?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Questions on this page
While the condition is not known to follow a specific pattern of inheritance, there appears to be a genetic predisposition to autoimmune diseases in general. Families with a history of Lambert Eaton myasthenic syndrome may benefit from consulting with a genetics professional.
The following online resources can help you find a genetics professional in your community:
- The National Society of Genetic Counselors provides a database of genetics counseling services, searchable by location, name, institution, type of practice, or specialty.
- The University of Kansas Medical Center provides a list of links to genetic centers and clinics, associations, and university genetics departments.
- The American College of Medical Genetics has a Genetics Clinics Database for individuals who wish to locate a U.S. genetics center.
- The American Society of Human Genetics is a professional organization of researchers and clinical geneticists. The ASHG maintains a database of its members, some of whom live outside of the United States. Visit the ASHG site if you are interested in obtaining a list of the geneticists in your country, though some may be researchers only and may not offer medical care.
- NINDS Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome Information Page. Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). 2007; http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/lambert_eaton/lambert_eaton.htm. Accessed 10/28/2009.
- Kleinschmidt P. Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome. eMedicine. 2009; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/792803-overview. Accessed 10/28/2009.
- Rugo HS. Chapter 189 - Paraneoplastic Syndromes and Other Non-Neoplastic Effects of Cancer. In: Goldman L, Ausiello D - editors. Cecil Medicine, 23rd edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders; 2007;
- Stickler DE, Sanders DB. Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome. eMedicine. 2009; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1170810-overview. Accessed 10/28/2009.
- Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome (LES). Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). 2009; http://www.mda.org/disease/lems.html. Accessed 10/28/2009.
- Friedman DI. Chapter 9.16 - Disorders of the Neuromuscular Junction. In: Yanoff M, Duker JS - editors. Ophthalmology, 3rd edition. United Kingdom: Mosby; 2008;