Leber hereditary optic neuropathy
Other Names for this Disease
- Leber’s disease
- Optic atrophy, Leber type
- Leber optic atrophy
On this page
- How to Get Involved in Research – A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find out about research for a rare disease.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Leber hereditary optic neuropathy. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- Orphanet lists European clinical trials, research studies, and patient registries enrolling people with this condition.
- The North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium (NAMDC) is a team of doctors, nurses, research coordinators, and research labs throughout the U.S., working together to improve the lives of people with this condition through research. The North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium (NAMDC) has a registry for patients who wish to be contacted about clinical research opportunities.
For more information on the registry see: http://rarediseasesnetwork.epi.usf.edu/registry/index.htm