Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Hantavirus-associated respiratory distress syndrome
- Four corners hantavirus
Last updated: 8/30/2012
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS). CDC. August 29, 2012; http://www.cdc.gov/hantavirus/hps/index.html. Accessed 8/30/2012.
- You can obtain information on this topic from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC is recognized as the lead federal agency for developing and applying disease prevention and control, environmental health, and health promotion and education activities designed to improve the health of the people of the United States.
- The Keck School of Medicine of USC has created an infographic on the Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) has a report for patients and families about this condition. NORD is a patient advocacy organization for individuals with rare diseases and the organizations that serve them.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Monarch Initiative brings together data about this condition from humans and other species to help physicians and biomedical researchers. Monarch’s tools are designed to make it easier to compare the signs and symptoms (phenotypes) of different diseases and discover common features. This initiative is a collaboration between several academic institutions across the world and is funded by the National Institutes of Health. Visit the website to explore the biology of this condition.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.