Other Names for this Disease
- Anesthesia related hyperthermia
- Fulminating hyperpyrexia
- Hyperpyrexia malignant
- Malignant hyperpyrexia
- The European Malignant Hyperthermia Group has established guidelines for molecular genetic testing of malignant susceptibility and for in-vitro contracture testing. To read more, click on the link.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
- Orphanet Emergency Guidelines is an article which is expert-authored and peer-reviewed that is intended to guide health care professionals in emergency situations involving this condition.
- Project OrphanAnesthesia is a project whose aim is to create peer-reviewed, readily accessible guidelines for patients with rare diseases and for the anesthesiologists caring for them. The project is a collaborative effort of the German Society of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Orphanet, the European Society of Pediatric Anesthesia, anesthetists and rare disease experts with the aim to contribute to patient safety.
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Malignant hyperthermia. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
|Generic Name||dantrolene sodium suspension for injection|
(Eagle Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Treatment of malignant hyperthermia in conjunctin with appropriate supportive measures.|
|More Information about this product||Drug Information Portal|