Other Names for this Disease
- Connective tissue disorder Marden Walker type
On this page
Very little information is available regarding the treatment of Marden-Walker syndrome. In general, treatment is symptomatic, with a multidisciplinary approach. The team of providers may include a regular pediatrician, a geneticist, a neurologist, an orthopedist and/or a physical medicine specialist. Special diets and feeding techniques may be of benefit. Early childhood intervention services may help with developmental problems. Other treatments are dependent upon the specific symptoms present in each patient.
Last updated: 5/27/2011
- Ponsot G. Marden-Walker syndrome. Orphanet. 2003; http://www.orpha.net/data/patho/GB/uk-MardenWalker.pdf. Accessed 5/27/2011.
- 5. Marden-Walker Syndrome. Madison's Foundation. 2004; http://www.madisonsfoundation.org/index.php/component/option,com_mpower/diseaseID,487/. Accessed 5/27/2011.
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- The Centers for Mendelian Genomics program is working to discover the causes of rare genetic disorders. For more information about applying to the research study, please visit their website.