Spastic paraplegia 1
Other Names for this Disease
- Mental Retardation Aphasia Shuffling Gait Adducted Thumbs (MASA)
- MASA syndrome
- Clasped thumb and mental retardation
- Thumb congenital clasped with mental retardation
- Adducted thumb with mental retardation
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- To find a medical professional who specializes in genetics, you can ask your doctor for a referral or you can search for one yourself. Online directories are provided by GeneTests, the American College of Medical Genetics, and the National Society of Genetic Counselors. If you need additional help, contact a GARD Information Specialist. You can also learn more about genetic consultations from Genetics Home Reference.