- Melnick-Needles osteodysplasty
- Osteodysplasty of Melnick and Needles
- Osteodysplasty, Melnick-Needles type
Tests & Diagnosis
On this page
Melnick-Needles syndrome, which falls within the otopalatodigital (OPD) spectrum disorders, can be made by a combination of clinical examination, radiologic studies (such as X-rays), family history consistent with X-linked inheritance, and genetic testing.
Please note: Most of the laboratories listed through GeneTests do not accept direct contact from patients and their families; therefore, if you are interested in learning more, you will need to work with a healthcare provider or a genetics professional.
- Stephen Robertson. Otopalatodigital Spectrum Disorders. GeneTests. April 28, 2009; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=gene&part=opd. Accessed 11/2/2010.
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.