Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus
Other Names for this Disease
- ADH resistant diabetes insipidus
- Diabetes insipidus nephrogenic
- Diabetes insipidus nephrogenic type 1
- Diabetes insipidus nephrogenic X-linked
- Vasopressin-resistant diabetes insipidus
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
Yes. GeneTests lists laboratories offering clinical genetic testing for both X-linked and autosomal types of nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Clinical genetic tests are ordered to help diagnose a person or family and to aid in decisions regarding medical care or reproductive issues. Talk to your health care provider or a genetic professional to learn more about your testing options.
Last updated: 7/31/2011