Neurofibromatosis type 2
Other Names for this Disease
- Neurofibromatosis central type
- Acoustic schwannomas bilateral
- Bilateral acoustic neurofibromatosis
- Acoustic neurinoma bilateral
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- The Neurofibromatosis Network provides a tool for locating a neurofibromatosis specialist in your area. Click on Neurofibromatosis Network to access the tool.
- To find a medical professional who specializes in genetics, you can ask your doctor for a referral or you can search for one yourself. Online directories are provided by GeneTests, the American College of Medical Genetics, and the National Society of Genetic Counselors. If you need additional help, contact a GARD Information Specialist. You can also learn more about genetic consultations from Genetics Home Reference.