Niemann-Pick disease type C1
Other Names for this Disease
- Niemann-Pick disease, type C
- Niemann-Pick disease with cholesterol esterification block
- Niemann-Pick disease, subacute juvenile form
- Niemann-Pick disease, chronic neuronopathic form
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- To find a medical professional who specializes in genetics, you can ask your doctor for a referral or you can search for one yourself. Online directories are provided by GeneTests, the American College of Medical Genetics, and the National Society of Genetic Counselors. If you need additional help, contact a GARD Information Specialist. You can also learn more about genetic consultations from Genetics Home Reference.
- The Social Security Administration has included this condition in their Compassionate Allowances Initiative. This initiative speeds up the processing of disability claims for applicants with certain medical conditions that cause severe disability. More information about Compassionate Allowances and applying for Social Security disability is available online.