Niemann-Pick disease type D
Other Names for this Disease
- Niemann-pick disease without sphingomyelinase deficiency
- Niemann-Pick disease, Nova Scotian type
- Nova Scotia (type D) form of Niemann-Pick disease
- Nova Scotia Niemann-Pick disease (type D)
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
On this page
- To find a medical professional who specializes in genetics, you can ask your doctor for a referral or you can search for one yourself. Online directories are provided by GeneTests, the American College of Medical Genetics, and the National Society of Genetic Counselors. If you need additional help, contact a GARD Information Specialist. You can also learn more about genetic consultations from Genetics Home Reference.