Niemann-Pick disease type D
Other Names for this Disease
- Niemann-pick disease without sphingomyelinase deficiency
- Niemann-Pick disease, Nova Scotian type
- Nova Scotia (type D) form of Niemann-Pick disease
- Nova Scotia Niemann-Pick disease (type D)
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
- The American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy provides information on the treatment of lysosomal storage diseases.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Niemann-Pick disease type D. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Niemann-Pick disease type D. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.