Other Names for this Disease
- Ogilvie's syndrome
- Acute colonic ileus
- Acute colonic pseudo-obstruction
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Ogilvie syndrome. NORD. 2012; http://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/ogilvie-syndrome/.
- Michael Camilleri, MD. Acute colonic pseudo-obstruction (Ogilvie's syndrome). UpToDate. March 2015;
- Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. February 2014; http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/intestinal-pseudo-obstruction/Pages/facts.aspx.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC), part of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), conducts and supports research on a broad spectrum of diseases affecting public health. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Ogilvie syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.