Other Names for this Disease
- Folling disease
- Oligophrenia phenylpyruvica
- PAH deficiency
- Phenylalanine hydroxylase deficiency
On this page
- Finding Treatment Information - A video developed by GARD Information Specialists that explains how you can find information about treatment for a rare disease.
- Women with PKU who want to become pregnant can obtain a maternal express packet of information from the Children's PKU Network - free of charge - designed to assist women with their diet.
- Wappner, et al. Management of Phenylketonuria for Optimal Outcome: A Review of Guidelines for Phenylketonuria Management and a Report of Surveys of Parents, Patients, and Clinic Directors. Pediatrics.1999;104:e68.
- GeneReviews provides current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text articles describing the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions. Click on the link to view the article on this topic.
- National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Panel. National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference Statement: Phenylketonuria: Screening and Management October 16-18, 2000. Pediatrics. 2001;108:972-982.
- You can find diet-related information on the PKU News Web site. Click on the link to view.
(Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc.)
The FDA has approved this product to be used in this manner.
|Indicated to reduce blood phenylalanine (Phe) levels in patients with hyperphenylalaninemia (HPA) due to tetrahydrobiopterin- (BH4-) responsive Phenylketonuria (PKU). Kuvan is to be used in conjunction with a Phe-restricted diet.|
|More Information about this product||
Drug Information Portal
Medline Plus Health Information